- CompanyExperience, flexibility and most modern technologies have created the name Steinmeyer as a synonym for quality and highest precision.
- Group of CompaniesHighest precision is the strength of the Steinmeyer Group. With experience and know-how we solve drive, positioning and precision measuring tasks.
- August Steinmeyer GmbH & Co. KGSteinmeyer is the leading manufacturer of high-precision ball screws with flexible solutions for a variety of application areas.
- Steinmeyer Mechatronik GmbHSteinmeyer Mechatronik develops and manufactures high-precision positioning solutions and mechatronic components that set new standards worldwide.
- Feinmess Suhl GmbHWith high-precision gauges, reference gauges and precision metrology Feinmess Suhl offers products for the most exacting requirements.
- August Steinmeyer GmbH & Co. KG
- PhilosophyPrecision, quality and reliability are the principles of the Steinmeyer Group. They have guided us for years and will serve us into the future.
- CareerTraining, Study... Within the Steinmeyer group we offer you numerous opportunities to start your career with us.
- CertificationEfficient certified processes are a matter of course for us. Therefore certified quality management systems ensure our own quality standards.
- HistoryThe companies of the Steinmeyer Group look back on a long history rich in tradition, whose common roots lie in precision engineering.
- August Steinmeyer GmbH & Co. KGThe company was founded in 1920 by August Steinmeyer. Since then it has become a world-leading manufacturer of precision ball screws.
- Steinmeyer Mechatronik GmbHThe history of Steinmeyer Mechatronk began in 1872 with the development of precise opto-mechanical components of Gustav Heyde.
- Feinmess Suhl GmbHPrecision mechanics and electronics - this combination lays the foundation for the success of the precision mechanics factory founded by Friedrich Keilpart.
- August Steinmeyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Group of Companies
- Application AreasWe deliver high precision products for drive, positioning and metrology in many industry sectors. Find out what we can do for you.
- Application Areas for Drive TechnologyBall screws are used in a widely varying range of applications - for positioning and infeed applications in today's machinery and apparatus construction as well as optical instruments, medical engineering and other mechatronic applications.
- Machine ToolsBall screws are precise and reliable drive components that are characterized by high accuracy and efficiency that is essential for the machine tool industry.
- Custom MachineryWe work closely with our customers to find the optimal solution for almost any application. Special machinery solutions are needed that cannot be covered by standard products.
- Medical TechnologyReliability, precision and quality are basic requirements in medical technology. As a certified company, we are a highly qualified vendor.
- Robot and Handling SystemsWe offer the right solution for these loads and speeds. Our rolled or whirled spindles, coupled with diverse nut shape series ensure an optimal price-performance ratio.
- MetrologyIn metrology highest accuracy in the micron range is required. We manufacture ball screws for maximum positioning accuracy.
- AerospaceIn aerospace reliability and quality is paramount. Depending on the specifications we design, manufacture, and qualify special solutions according to EN 9100.
- Semiconductor TechnologyWe solve different tasks in the field of optical and semiconductor industries with our miniature ball screws from diameter 3 mm and 0.5 mm lead.
- Renewable EnergyWith our particularly robust and low-maintenance special solutions very high forces can be reliably transmitted.
- Machine Tools
- Application Areas for Positioning TechnologySteinmeyer Mechatronik develops solutions for various industries. Every industry has its own characteristics and requirements. Our extensive know-how gives us the confidence to solve your task.
- Laser TechnologyWe can provide a wide array of positioning systems and optical components for laser technology.
- MetrologyThe success of your measurement depends strongly on the components you use in your system. We can provide products designed specially for your setup.
- Medical and BiotechnologyThe medical and biotechnology has highest demands on precision and quality. As a certified company we face this challenge.
- Research and DevelopmentUtmost flexibility and innovation. Steinmeyer Mechatronik provides the utmost in flexibility and innovation for our customers conducting research and development department. Work together with us and utilise our extensive know-how.
- Semiconductor TechnologyOur specially designed solutions and components fulfil every necessary requirement to be used in extreme conditions.
- Vacuum TechnologyWe can provide lubricant-free and high precision components especially for vacuum technology. Our yearslong experience in this domain provides us with knowledge for the most individual solutions.
- Laser Technology
- Application Areas for Precision MetrologyMechanical and electronic precision measuring technology is used in a diversity of industries, such as automotive, aerospace, optics, and medical.
- Calibration LaboratoriesSystematized dimension measuring Technology, from test probes, gauge blocks, and dial indicators to tape measures.
- AerospaceDurability and high security - while maintaining optimal precision. This is our business.
- Automotive IndustryHigh-quality measuring tools are increasingly required to function, even in harsh environments. Flexibility and speed are decisive factors.
- MachiningWe begin where others leave off - for over 130 years. Made in Germany.
- Optics and Laser TechnologyPositioning accuracy and zero backlash are only possible where leadscrew spindles and nuts fit perfectly.
- Research and DevelopmentEven when specialized measurement systems are required, we will find a solution.
- Railway TechnologySteinmeyer Mechatronik develops and assembles catenary measuring instruments, also known as optical instruments, for over 40 years.
- Calibration Laboratories
- Application Areas for Drive Technology
- ProductsFor each of the three product areas of drive technology, positioning technology and precision metrology, the Steinmeyer Group offers a unique selection of high-precision, highly reliable and durable products.
- Drive TechnologySteinmeyer offers a wide product range of ball screws in various designs, which are used in a variety of application fields, where high quality is required.
Miniature Ball Screws
Miniature ball screws from 3 mm to 16 mm are used for precise positioning, mainly in the areas of semiconductor technology, optics, medical devices and metrology.
Precision Ball Screws
Precision large ball screws from 16 to 125 mm are not only used in engineering. The range of applications for large ball screws is as versatile as our product portfolio.
Ultra Thrust Ball Screws
Wherever high loads are involved, such as pressing, cutting, straightening, or injection molding, we can replace hydraulics. Ball screws offer an electro-mechanical solution that is clean, efficient, and powerful.
Rotating nuts are designed for mounting an axial bearing with thread for the clamping nut. This construction allows very high speeds.
Cooled Ball Screws
We know the system of ball screw nut and spindle and understand exactly how efficient cooling must be designed.
Precision Lead Screws
Lead screws are characterized through repeatability, their non-slip properties, high resolution and space-optimized dimensions.
Differential Roller Screws
Differential roller screws are characterized by high power transmission, a very compact design and high efficiency.
Rolled Ball Screws
We manufacture ball screws through different product processes for different applications.
- Miniature Ball Screws
- Positioning TechnologySteinmeyer Mechatronik supplies a broad portfolio of different solutions for your positioning tasks. Already in the design phase we pay attention to a competitive price-performance ratio, whereas quality is understood.
All axis modules are available in various travel lenghths and can be integrated easily in the setup of various applications.
Depending on the application we offer different motors and bearings. Within a product series, our modular linear axes can be easily combined.
If your application requires an ultimate compactness our stages offer the perfect solution. Our XY-stages are available with different drive concepts and aperture.
The MT-series micro stages are characterized by a very compact design. Integrated motor concepts allow space-saving solutions. Selected stages are available as compact 3-axis versions.
Rotary stages are usable in a broad range of applications. They can be combined with our linear and XY-stages and can be offered with direct reading rotary encoder depending on the application.
The lifting stages complement the series of linear and rotary stages. They are used if probes or components have to be elevated. Of couse they can also be used as single axis.
Multi Axis Systems
Our multi-axis systems offer the perfect solution for applications with positioning tasks in several axes. The single axis are already adjusted to each other and can be used immediately.
Compatible with our positioning systems we offer a wide range of controllers, from economical table-top to powerful rack mount, each of which is perfectly matched to our positioning systems.
Manual Positioning Systems
Manual positioning systems and linear translation stages do not require motors to position and adjust optics and workpieces with highest precision.
Steinmeyer Mechatronik offers optical components for industrial applications. These are guaranteed to offer excellent performance over a long life.
Thanks to innovative components, we are able to offer our customers individual solutions. In close collaboration, we develop customized solutions.
- Linear Axes
- Precision MetrologyWith high-precision gauges, reference gauges and manual and electronic precision measurement technology Feinmess Suhl offers durable products for the highest demands on accuracy and reliability.
Manual measuring instruments are suitable for turning, milling and grinding parts, screws or nuts that are manually measured.
Precision Measuring Systems
The fully and semi automatic measuring dial testing devices are used for monitoring testing equipment and measuring instruments.
Precision integrated micrometers are components for a high variety of measuring and adjustment movements that require a particularly sensitive or specially dimensioned linear adjustment.
Incremental Probes & Display Units
Measuring probes are the most essential components of any measuring chain and determine the quality of the whole measurement, due to their properties.
Gauges, Standards & Reference Gauges
Solid measures, gauges and standards are used as setting gauges for indicating measuring instruments or as reference material for calibration laboratories.
Catenary Measuring Instrument
Catenary measuring instruments can be utilized for the approval and maintenance of catenary systems. The static idle state, the catenary height and the zig-zag can be measured.
- Precision Gauges
- Drive Technology
- CompetenceWith years of experience and know-how of our three competence centers drive technology, positioning technology and precision metrology, we provide individual solutions in highest precision.
- Competence Center Drive TechnologyQualified staff, the latest technologies, and tight quality control guarantee high quality ball screws from Steinmeyer.
- Consulting and DevelopmentAs an experienced partner in the development, production, and application of ball screws, we offer individualized consultation and optimum solutions to all of your drive challenges.
- ProductionHighly developed production technology in conjunction with years of experience in this area provide us with the means to consistently rub shoulders with the best in technical and economic terms.
- AssemblyThanks to many years of experience in the area of ball screw drive assembly, we are prepared for all applications given that the pairing of nuts and spindles is an elementary process.
- Quality AssuranceSteinmeyer has certified quality management systems in place in accordance with ISO 9001 and EN 9100. The function of these QM systems is checked regularly through numerous audits.
- Consulting and Development
- Competence Center Positioning TechnologyAt Steinmeyer Mechatronik we build on experience. We develop and manufacture our products in-house. Quality that you will notice.
- Consulting and DevelopmentPersonalized tasks require a customized solution. That's why we take close cooperation with our customers for granted.
- ProductionThe finished product is defined by the sum of its details. We set great value upon advanced manufacturing technologies and qualified employees.
- AssemblyHandcraft in highest precision. That is the best way to describe the assembly at Steinmeyer Mechatronik.
- CleanroomFor applications with highest demands on environmental conditions, we offer a certified cleanroom ISO class 7.
- Quality AssuranceWe leave nothing to chance. Using the most modern methods gives us the confidence to fulfill our own high standards.
- Integration and SafetyWe offer you systems incorporating the most up-to-date design guidelines, and matched with the best controller for your application.
- LogisticsEfficient logistics at Steinmeyer Mechatronik, thats one of the factors of success to shorten our time of delivery. We face that task and offer you exclusive components with express guarantee.
- Consulting and Development
- Competence Center Precision MetrologyThe know-how of our employees and many years of experience enables Feinmess Suhl to offer customized and system solutions.
- Design and DevelopmentA team, focused on precision and efficiency, stands ready to create individually-tailored solutions for you.
- Automated Calibration ProcessesWith selected calibration systems, repeating procedures are carried out with full automation and the utmost precision.
- Gear InspectionBy means of contact probes which are individually tailored to the specific measurement process, a multitude of measurement tasks can be dependably carried out.
- Thread MeasurementThanks to interchangeable measurement inserts and thread measuring wires, nearly all internal and external threads can be precisely measured, no matter the thread form or pitch.
- Customized ManufacturingA multitude of CNC machining centres and individual assembly stations in a climate-controlled environment provide a basis for efficient production of highly complex assemblies.
- DakkS Certified Calibration LaboratoryLength is important. So we permit ourselves to check – as a testing laboratory accredited for lengths up to five meters, even on site for your company.
- Design and Development
- Competence Center Drive Technology
- ServiceWe strive to deliver quality service – with customer service, technical support, trainings, workshops and calibration service.
- Customer Service and Technical Support
- Trainings and WorkshopsIn our trainings and workshops we provide you with practical knowledge about issues of drive technology, positioning technology and precision metrology.
- Calibration ServiceFeinmess Suhl calibrate your test and measurement equipment in its accredited and air-conditioned calibration laboratory or directly at your site.
- DownloadOn this site you can download the latest catalogs from Steinmeyer-Group.
- Customer Service and Technical Support
- ContactWould you like more information on our products and solutions, or want to get to know our company? We look forward to your questions.
- LocationsThe companies of the Steinmeyer Group produce and manufacture their products in Germany at the locations Albstadt, Dresden and Suhl.
- Contact PersonsWe would be pleased to assist you, if you have any questions regarding our products. We are looking forward to your inquiry. Please feel free to contact us.
- Drive TechnologyWe will be more than happy to assist you with your questions about all kind of ball screws. Please feel free to contact us.
- Positioning TechnologyWe will be more than happy to assist you with all questions about positioning stages and optical components.
- Precision MetrologyWe will be more than happy to assist you with all questions about precision metrology and catenary measuring instruments.
- Drive Technology
- International Sales RepresentativesThe Steinmeyer group is represented by a large number of distributors worldwide. Our international representatives would be more than happy to help you.
- Drive TechnologyOur international sales representatives are the right partner on site for a variety of versions of ballscrews.
- Positioning TechnologyOur international sales represantatives are the right partner on site for our high-precision positioning systems and optical components .
- Precision MetrologyOur international sales represantatives are the right partner on site for precision gauges, reference gauges and precision measurement systems.
- Drive Technology
- Contact FormPlease use our contact form for any inquiries or questions you may have. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.