The Steinmeyer company was founded as a precision machine shop in 1920 by Mr. August Steinmeyer. His first product was a novel, precision micrometer. Within a few years Steinmeyer became a reputable manufacturer both at home and abroad.
When the Founder unexpectedly died in 1940, Mr. Erwin Beck took over operations of the small company. In 1950 he became its sole owner. The original shop, built by Mr. Steinmeyer in 1937, became the nucleus of a factory which was extended time and again over the following decades. This house, since converted into offices, is now situated in the middle of more than 8 acres of factory space.
Production of ball screw drives began at the Albstadt site in the 1960s. The organization and production engineering began to focus increasingly on this business line. By the next decade, ball screws had become the leading product. The original product portfolio of precision micrometers, which earned Steinmeyer his international reputation as an excellent manufacturer, is now located at the Feinmess Suhl site in Thuringia.
Founding by August Steinmeyer
Manufacturing of first micrometer
Erwin Beck assumes leadership of the Company after the founder suddenly passed away
Erwin Beck becomes sole owner of the Company
Production of first ball screw
Ball screws become main product line
3rd Generation, Joachim and Alexander Beck, takes over management
Merger with Feinmess Dresden (now Steinmeyer Mechatronik) and Feinmess Suhl
First major expansion of production
Second major expansion of production
Previous managing partners Alexander and Joachim Beck join the advisory board. CEO becomes Dr.-Ing. Manfred Münch.
Production reorganization into a continuous flow production
Company anniversary 100 years Steinmeyer